my sweet baby boy was diagnosed with microcephaly, hypotonia, and now duchenne muscular dystrophy. after searching for some support, i realized there werent many happy stories out there, so here i am to tell you the story of my happy happy baby.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

i cant.

the normal response when a parent hears their child say 'I cant,' is to say 'yes, you can' or 'just try one more time.' 


its very sad to have to hold back...


I had the two littles with me at the store the other day, of course both are in the cart.  were playing around in the store, actin a fool...  finny tells me he wants me to run and I laughingly reply 'no, YOU run...'  all the fun, carefree happiness leaves his face, he hangs his head slightly and quietly says 'I cant run, ill fall down.'


instant sadness. 


all you want to do as a parent is encourage your child to anything and everything they want, we are their biggest cheerleaders.  so how do you respond when you know theyre right?



No comments:

Post a Comment