my sweet baby boy was diagnosed with microcephaly, hypotonia, and now duchenne muscular dystrophy. after searching for some support, i realized there werent many happy stories out there, so here i am to tell you the story of my happy happy baby.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

werk it.

clearly its been a slow couple months in the krade house since I haven't updated anything since august... 

in reality, weve been super busy and im just a slackery slacker pants that has not taken the time to write anything about my sweet boysicles.

medically everything has been good!  finny had his MRI last month and everything looks good, so unless something drastic happens I think well be MRI free for at least a couple years.  woohoo!  we go back to the MD clinic next month for a check up, but im not expecting any new news... 

all other parts of life have been crazy!  I got a job!  im teaching preschool where I enrolled ashey, finnys there too of course.  it was pretty rough in the beginning, as I had been preparing myself to be apart from ashe for 3 half days a week and thinking id have all this one on one time with the finkster...  so it was a big jump to being away from them both 5 half days a week!  but its really been awesome, finnys teachers are so great with him, everyone knows about his issues, and if they are ever worried about anything they just bring him straight to my classroom to check him out, I really cant think of a better situation...  aside from winning the lottery, getting to stay home with my boys again and hiring private tudors and then somehow also getting them to make friends while im around without seeming like the weirdest creep hover mom of life...  ha!

but the kids have adjusted really well, ashey is still super shy if any new adult comes around, but he loves his teachers, finny definitely is a fan of everyone in his class too, and I absolutely love that they quietly sing their little songs under their breath while theyre coloring or checking out a book or something... it. is. so. cute.

ok so theres my quick update before I have to start the morning rush of getting two toddlers dressed and ready and praying that they stay somewhat clean while im getting myself ready, and then hoping that we make it to school without either one wiping toothpaste, food, or boogs on my shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment