my sweet baby boy was diagnosed with microcephaly, hypotonia, and now duchenne muscular dystrophy. after searching for some support, i realized there werent many happy stories out there, so here i am to tell you the story of my happy happy baby.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

thinking.

ok, so after my last terribly depressing post, i got some feedback, good feedback, and it got me thinking about some things in a different light.

a friend wrote me after reading my last post, and said that she had a girlfriend that had a baby with a disability that required more attention.  when she had more children after the first, my friend asked her how she came to the decision to have more children knowing that her first would need more help than the others.  her friend answered that while her first was part of her family, she wasnt the center of it.  i thought that was a great way to look at things.  even now, while nothing is really happening yet, i feel like ashe feels neglected.  so i feel like i need to try to remember that saying.  and im taking my big boy on a mommy ashey date tonight.  :)  but, besides reminding me that i need to make a conscious effort to carve out alone time for both boys, it has made me re-visit my original thoughts that we were done having children.

my same friend wrote that she used to be one of two children, and that now she is the only one and wishes she had more siblings.  i feel like this friend is definitely pushing me to have another baby.  :)  or at least making me think about it.

not that were definitely going to go for it, were still waiting on my lab results to see if im a carrier...  and if i am, i guess we may look into adoption, weve thought about it before so its not a huge jump.  its a lot to think about...  i absolutely love my little family more than anything, but at the same time, i dont feel like were done. 

PS:  if you have any fantastic ideas about good mommy son date nights, please forward them along!  currently our plan is dinner and something else that is fun...  ha ha!  specific, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment